I DID IT, Finally!

Yeah, I finally sewed SOMETHING.  Granted, it was not what I planned, but I am still happy about it.  First, I was looking at curtain that hangs in my bathroom that was just WAY too long for the window. Background to this story: about a month ago, I bought two sagey green linen panels that had been sewen together end to end, at a thrift store for about $4.  Turns out they were from the Pottery Barn. I originally had taken the stitching out so that they could be used as curtain panels and hung them in my bedroom. Well, when we painted, the sagey green did not really coordinate very well with the wall color, so I decided I would put one on the long window in my bathroom and the other on the opposite wall where the door to the closet used to be (now it’s just a giant opening).  I hung the curtain but it was WAY too long, “Well,” I thought, “guess I’ll have to fix that someday. ” Today was that day!  I got super tired of seeing the curtain dragging on the ground and decided to cut it off, iron it, and sew a hem, and I did!  Easy peasy! It looks really good. Now I just need to get another tension rod for the closet doorway…  My second project, YES, I said SECOND project, was a pillow for my new puppy.  My older dog, Sam, already had a large (and I do mean LARGE) pillow that we put in the back of the car when we go to visit the in-laws.  Clara likes that pillow but I thought she needed one of her own and I just happened to have an adorable pink puppy dog fabric by Robert Kauffman (Doggy Divas, or something like that). I also just happened to have a large pillow form that would be the perfect size for a growing puppy who will probably end up about 70 pounds or so.  OK, so I started off as usual, make the pocket for the pillow by sewing around three sides. I was going to go to Wally Mart and get some Vel-cro but it was late and I didn’t want to mess with that, when an idea struck me – why not make a pillow case instead? It would be easy to wash and easy to finish! I have a great set of directions for making a pillow case with an accent band and a large band but decided to just add the large band to the end of the puppy fabric. Turns out I had a perfect pink coordinating fabric, also by Robert Kauffman called Fusions. I had to adjust the pattern a little since the measurements were different but I did it by myself! And it turned out really cute! See?

Clara’s Pillowcase

Here is the pillow case I made for Clara.

 That’s all for now, just wanted to tell the world about my accomplishment! Until next time.

 Happy Sewing,

Anna L.

P.S. This may be a late night revelation, but I think I do better when I don’t really have a pattern to follow, but that may be a topic for another post later, hmm…

Advertisements

August 21, 2007. Uncategorized.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: